Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Welcoming Myself

After a long awaited amount of time I have finally decided to take the plunge into blogging.  I have been weighing the pros and cons and there were plenty of both but I thought "to hell with it" and chose to allow some of my thoughts/feelings about who the hell knows as of now to go public.  

Since i have never really had any rhyme or reason to my thought process i have decided to name the the blog "Spiratics" signifying the reason why my blog probably wont flow or make much sense to where the thoughts are coming from and why they are coming at all.  

I tend to ramble and I have a feeling my literary offspring will ramble as well.

Well since i don't have anything in mind on what to start off with I guess i will share this video i came across of an old Hungarian song entitles "Gloomy Sunday".  This piece was composed in 1933 by a man named Rezso Seress.  The song is about an untimely death of a lover.  The reason I found this song interesting was the fact it is accompanied by an urban legend.  The legend is that it has inspired hundreds of suicides.  As it just so happens the composer himself even committed suicide by jumping out of his apartment in 1968.  Since this song is said to cause people to take their own lives it is now given the name "Hungarian Suicide Song".  

I'm not really sure how i stumbled upon this but I found it very interesting, here is the a rendition of the song in English to better understand the song.  decide for yourself if the legend is true and enjoy...... at your own risk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSc2iNbZbio&feature=related


No comments:

Post a Comment